Start with learning about your target audience and finding out all the technical requirements for product design.
● Find your niche
● Do a competitor analysis
● Study our print file guidelines
● Learn about our printing techniques
2. Creating Products
Now let’s get to the creative part—creating cool designs.
● Create your design
● Create products for future use
● Order discounted samples
● Choose your pricing strategy
When you’ve decided on your products and target audience, the next step is branding.
Choose a memorable brand name
● Buy a domain
● Create a logo
4. Store Setup
You’re almost there! Time to decide where you’ll sell your awesome products and take care of all the technical details.
● Choose an ecommerce platform or a marketplace
● Choose a payment processor for your storefront
● Set up shipping for your storefront
● Publish a return policy on your storefront
● Add a customs disclaimer if selling internationally
● Place a test order
5. Printful Setup
Here’s what you need to do on Printful’s side.
Add a billing method on Printful
● Select a shipping method on Printful
● Set up fulfillment preferences on Printful
● Push products to the store
Let’s sort out the legal side of running a business.
Register your business
● Consult a tax professional
● Submit legal and tax information to Printful
Now it’s time to roll up your sleeves and do some marketing magic to get your first order and keep them coming in.
Be your own PR specialist
● Make your online store easy on the eyes
● Set up social media accounts
● Work on getting your first review
● Motivate customers to buy
● Encourage user-generated content
● Experiment with low-budget advertising strategies
● Customize packing slips and shipping labels on Printful
● Use free advertising tools
● Measure the success of your marketing strategies